Crossing State Lines: Interstate Gambling and the Interplay Between Federal and State Laws
This year’s symposium, “Crossing State Lines: Interstate Gambling and the Interplay Between Federal and State Laws,” will shed light on the multi-jurisdictional legal issues surrounding intrastate gambling, sports-betting, and other legal fields.
Download the Program and Schedule Here!
Friday September 30, 2022
9:00am ET/6:00am PT: Breakfast provided by the VLGS café
9:30am ET/6:30am PT: Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Symposium kick off with an introduction presented by President Rod Smolla and Symposium Editor Elsa Larsen
10:00am ET/7:00am PT: Panel 1 (moderated by Prof Varadi)
- Professor Michael McCann | Director of the Sports and Entertainment Law Institute at the UNH Franklin Pierce
- Professor Anthony Cabot | Distinguished Fellow in Gaming Law at the William S. Boyd School of Law, UNLV
11:00am ET/8:00am PT: Panel 2 (moderated by Dean McCormack)
- Attorney Elizabeth Homer | Founder of Homer Law, former Vicechair of the National Indian Gaming Commission
- Attorney Scott Scherer | Partner at Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP, and former member of the Nevada Gaming Control Board
- Lindsay Slader | Managing Director of Gaming at GeoComply and Vice President of Regulatory Affairs
12:30pm ET/9:30am PT: Lunch provided by Tuk Tuk Thai
1:30pm ET/10:30am PT: Keynote speech (moderated by Dean McCormack)
- Tom Parker | Former Assistant Special Agent and Deputy Chief of the Los Angeles FBI Field Office
3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT: Panel 3 (moderated by Elsa Larsen)
- Professor Bill Werner | Professor at the University of Las Vegas and Former in-house Counsel for Boyd Gaming Corporation
- Hon. Colleen K. Sterne | Judge, Superior Court of California, County of Santa Barbara
4:30pm ET/1:30pm PT: Closing statement presented by Symposium Editor Madison Gaffney
Each panel will have a Q+A session following speaker presentations.