Corporations and Climate Change: How Businesses are Changing the Environmental Landscape
43 of Vermont Law Review is hosting its annual Symposium to analyze and observe the trends of businesses and climate change. Throughout the day, panelists will discuss and question the role of climate change and corporations. Panels will discuss how the law can be used to keep corporations accountable, how corporations themselves can change the law or their policies for the good of the environment, and finally how to incentivize and encourage corporations to act in environmentally conscious ways.
Please click here to register for this event.
Please click here to view Live Stream.
8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
9:30 to 10 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
– Patrick Leary JD’19, Editor-in-Chief, Vermont Law Review
– Tom McHenry, President and Dean, Vermont Law School
– Melissa Scanlan, Professor of Law, Vermont Law School
10 to 11:45 a.m. Panel I: “Businesses as Drivers of Climate Disruption”
Moderator: Mark Latham, Professor of Law, Vermont Law School
– Benjamin Krass, Esq., Hagens Berman
– Brian Dunkiel, Esq., Dunkiel Saunders
– Richard Wallsgrove, Professor of Law, William S. Richardson School of Law
– Lisa Benjamin, Professor of Law, Penn State Law School
11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Private Lunch
12:45 to 2:30 p.m. Panel II: “Businesses as a Force for Climate Solutions”
Moderator: Marc Mihaly, Professor of Law, Vermont Law School
– Elizabeth Schmidt, Professor of Practice, UMass Amherst
– James Ming Chen, Professor of Law, Technology Law Group in D.C.
– Hana Vizcarra, Esq., Harvard Environmental Law & Energy Program
– Noah Shaw, Esq., Board of Directors of the N.Y. State Energy Research and Development Authority
2:30 to 2:45 p.m. Afternoon Break and Refreshments
2:45 to 4:30 p.m. Panel III: “Incentivizing Reform”
Moderator: Melissa Scanlan, Professor of Law, Vermont Law School
– Steven Ferrey, Professor of Law, Suffolk University Law School
– Victor Flatt, Professor of Law, University of Houston
– Cristina Banahan, Esq., ISS Corporate Solutions
– Abigail Wuest, Esq., Goods Unite Us
4:30 to 4:45 p.m. Closing Remarks
4:45 to 6 p.m. Closed Reception in Yates